He was clearly in tons of pain because no matter what position he was in he was uncomfortable and once reinforcements arrived to help with Shelby, Pratt and I were off to the ER. JP did pretty well in the car and once we were there, but as soon as they called us back he started crying and carrying on. Its funny, because we really didn't do anything wrong and we definitely aren't neglectful parents but when they asked us what happened and I had to say the words, "I don't know, I wasn't in the room." I felt like the most neglectful mother in the whole world.
Everytime someone walked by the door to the room we were in he would scream a little louder as if to say, "Come any closer and I will kill your eardrums." Anyway, 2 hours, 4 x-rays, and a plaster brace later we leave and head home. The ER doctor said that he might have a break in his foot and we should see our doctor the next day to have him look at it.
We got an appointment today and saw our pediatrician and Praise the Lord, it is just a pretty bad sprain!! I was so relieved because JP really doesn't like the brace and the thought of having him in a cast for any amount of time was enough to give me mental breakdown. The doctor did say that we needed to keep the brace on for a while until he was walking again and he should be good to go.
The poor little guy is so frustrated with that brace!! Last night he keep saying, "It hurt me. It hurt me." as he pulled at it and this morning he was doing the same thing so I told him that we were going to see the doctor today and he would take it off. Of course, the doctor did take it off, but he put it back on. Since we have been home he keeps scooting over to me and saying, "Doctor off, doctor off." in this most pathetic little whinny voice. At one point I was in the kitchen and saw his little head pop up and I thought, oh wow, he is trying to walk with the brace on, well, he didn't get too far and he started whimpering and when I went to him I discovered that he had taken it off. Oh dear...it is going to be a long couple of days. Hopefully we will have a quick healing and be back to normal in no time.
Before and after pictures: This was taken before. Our rose bushes are starting to bloom and we picked the first two yellow roses for JP and Shelby to have in their rooms. How cute, right?!?!?!

This is when we got home from the ER. JP was pretty tired from all the drama, but the little thunderstorm we had offered some distraction to what had just happened. Everytime there was lightening JP would say, "I see lightening, I see it."

1 comment:
Awww! Sorry to hear about mister man! ERs aren't fun. They make you think that having kids is too intense, huh?! Hopefully, he's feeling better soon!
Post a Comment