The first song they sang was a Happy Birthday song to Shakespeare, then two of the classes lined up and each little child walked across the stage, said their line, and then took a bow or curtsy. Some of the children really got into it and said their lines with gusto and made huge arm gestures and some spoke so softly and so quickly that you really had no idea what they said if they said anything at all. The second song they sang was some Italian song (I think). We got it on video, but I didn't record it on my camera. If you are ever around I will have Shelby sing it for you because it is something that really amazes me everytime she sings it. After that the other two classes lined up and followed the same protocol as before. They closed the performance with the first verse and course of a song by Taylor Swift.
Here is a picture that I got with my camera. Most of the children dressed up in Shakespeare type costumes and wore fun little hats. I knew that getting Shelby up on stage was going to be challenge enough so I didn't even try to convince her to dress up (I think she might be the only girl on earth who really doesn't like to dress up), but I did bring her fabulous little Clemson princess hat (thank you so much Erin!!!!) and she wore it the entire time. Don't you think she looks so cute?!?!?!?
By the way, her line was "Sweets to the sweet, farewell." and she said it very quietly and very quickly and curtsied as she was walking off the stage..
No comments:
Post a Comment