The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Thursday, April 23, 2009

I just love hearing Shelby talk and get things from her perspective. Today on our way home from Moe's a car pulled up behind us that had some pretty loud music coming from it. Without wasting a minute, Shelby chimes in and says, "Mommy, what is that bonky noise?" I told her it was the car behind us playing their music really loud and she said, "Yeah, they must have their windows rolled down." A few minutes later JP piped up and said, "Wat dat noi?" I told him the same thing I had just said to Shelby because the car was still behind us. Then Shelby said, "It is hurting my ears." To which I thought, "Yes!!! Thank goodness we won't have to contend with that 'bonky' noise as Shelby gets older."

Here is a little video clip of JP scooting around with his bum foot. Today we thought we would try to take the brace off to see how he would do, but everytime we talked to him about it we would get protests and he would tell us, "Doctor take off." In other words, only the doctor can take it off which is what I told him earlier in the week when he wanted the brace off....now he is throwing it back in my face. Anyway, we were walking around in Petsmart (no, we aren't getting any pets; the kids just like to go their to look at all the animals) and when I took JP out of the stroller to look at something the brace fell of and I thought that I would just leave it off to see what would happen. He did well for about 30 minutes and once we got to Moe's, he just lost it and started crying, "It hurt me. It hurt me." So I took him back out to the car and put the brace back on, but he still seemed to be in quite a bit of pain....oh well, looks like this might be a longer process than I thought.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

It is good to see that JP's injury doesn't take away from the hair rubbing. :) Wha dat noi? I love it!!