Every day has moments filled with pure love, joy and contentment and at the same time has moments filled with frustration, disaster and craziness. I think that is one of the greatest things about motherhood. You never know what moment you will get and most times when you feel at your wits end and that you have completely failed to accomplish anything, God blesses you with a moment of pure love, joy and contentment. Sometimes in these moments I watch Shelby and JP and wonder if there is anything more perfect in the world and then just as quickly that thought fades to wonder how in the world I am going to survive this day.
Thankfully most of today has been great. JP, of course, woke up with the sun and I tried to cuddle with him in his bed for a little bit, but he would have none it....kind of reminds me of a line from a song in The Sound of Music, "When you wake up, wake up. It's healthy."....so after much insistence from him that it was time to get up and get started, I rolled myself out of his bed and hit the floor running. Most of the morning the children were right behind me saying "mommy....." in that whinny voice that usually means we are going to have a llllllllloooooooonnnnnnngggggggggggg day and at that moment I decided that I would spend most of the morning driving around in the car making up things to do because a lot of times with this kind of morning the children respond quite nicely, and thankfully they did. The car ride is just what was needed because they have been great since then. Pratt came home for lunch and then while he was packing for his trip Shelby and JP played like they were best of friends. She was teaching him gymnastics and exercises. It was so cute to listen to her give instruction and see how JP did exactly what she said. JP has a pretty good attention span, but let's face it, you can only take instruction from your sister for so long. Once the novelty of that wore off I sat down with them and did some worksheets. For about 20 minutes Shelby worked in her workbook and JP worked in his, with my help...this was hugely gratifying for me because, well, you all know, I am a giant nerd at heart.....About the time JP started to wander from that it was nap time and he obediently went to his room and got in bed, with his cars, nemo and blankie of course. Once he was down Shelby followed and that was that. All in all it was a wonderful day and I can't wait to see what this afternoon holds.....(hopefully much of the same from this morning).
One quick note on JP (for me to remember)....any word that starts with the letter "r" he puts an f in front of....fraisins, froom, etc. It is just sooo cute...I wonder why he does that? Although it really doesn't matter why because one day he will stop and I probably won't even notice that it is gone:(
No comments:
Post a Comment