The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Monday-Thursday in Review

At first I thought I would title this blog "Week in Review" and then realized that it is only Thursday and while I don't plan on doing much for the rest of the week, I didn't want to be miss leading....anyway...here goes.

We have had a week of jam packed fun. On Monday I went to the gym and then we did some other things, I am just sure of it, but I really can't remember anything else. Isn't that crazy!!! Wow!!! That is just so bizarre to me. I have absolutely no recollection of the rest of the day. Oh well, on to Tuesday.

Tuesday was so much fun. My friends Heather and Dana joined me for a morning at the beach with their sweet babies. Being able to accomplish a trip to the beach with the Shelby and JP without any extra help was monumental for me and now that I know for sure I can do it we will definitely be making that a weekly event this summer. Shelby and JP had a pretty good time. JP was a little clingy, well no, actually he was a lot clingy which wasn't that great since it was pretty warm out, but all in all it was a great time. Shelby was like a little mom with Callie (Heather's daughter). She held her hand everywhere. It was so cute. There were even times where Shelby would point to something and then, from a distance, it looked as if she was explaining to Callie what it was.

Here is Shelby showing Callie something in the water...

Wednesday was definitely a very busy day for us, and as a result I am paying for it a little bit today with the whiny factor from Shelby and JP. I had a wonderful class at the gym that totally kicked my tail and wiped me out. Then we went to the pool. We were their for about 2 1/2 hours and probably spent 2 hours and 15 minutes of that time in the pool. Shelby is getting so good at swimming. The hardest part is that she loves to be under the water. At one point she was jumping in the pool to swim to me and when she jumped in she wouldn't come back up because she was too busy looking around at the lights and people's legs (I guess). It was very stressful for me because I wasn't sure if I should grab her up or let her swim. Of course, she knew what she was doing and what she wanted to do. JP is also getting braver in the water. He is getting to where he will float without holding on to me when he is in his swim vest. He even jumped in the water prematurely at one point and went right under. He was definitely shocked when his little head popped back up. After nap time Shelby had her first day of gymnastics. I wish that I had some pictures of it, but it was quite a hectic afternoon to get her there and then I had to come home real quick to drop JP off with Pratt, at which point I got right back in the car to go back to her. At the end I could tell she was getting tired because she started to not listen and really just kind of wandered around while all the other little girls did their thing. Unfortunately when one doesn't listen one can get hurt and that is exactly what happened to her. So we left the gym crying and bleeding....but no worries, she is fine and can't wait to go back next week. We got home just after 6:45pm and joined our neighbors for our newly formed Cul de Sac family night. It was so much fun. Everyone cooked their own food and then we all ate outside together and let the kids play. The kids had a great time running around and doing all sorts of things. It was 8:15pm by the time we packed up and headed in. After a quick bath and speedy bedtime routine Shelby and JP were fast asleep.

Whew....just typing all that made me tired; and Shelby and JP are wiped out as well. This morning we hung around the house for a bit before running out for our day. Once again, I went to the gym and then we went to Moe's for lunch with Erin and the boys. It was great fun until the bottom fell out and clearly Shelby couldn't function anymore so we had to leave in a bit of a hurry and have some discipline moments. Hopefully they will both get good naps this afternoon and be back to my little angels this evening since Pratt won't be here.

Since I haven't been that great with pictures of fun happenings this week I thought I would include this picture from the bath on Monday. Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments: