The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Monday, June 22, 2009

Shelby Starts Camp

Today something struck me hard, something that is inevitable, but you just kind of ignore until it comes. This morning Shelby started camp at her school. Big whoop, you might say, but it triggered an avalanche of thoughts. As I was packing her lunch (this is a first as she has only ever gone away from me for a half day) I was thinking about how this is something new that I would do everyday next year for her. While I had all intention of packing her lunch last night before bed so I could be little miss organized mom this morning, I went to bed and didn't pack a lunch which left me to do it this morning. So, back to my original train of thought, this packing of her lunch and realizing that it is something I would be doing everyday coming up this fall reminded me that JP would also be attending school this fall. He is going to go two days a week. All the sudden it hit me like a ton of bricks........FOR TWO MORNINGS A WEEK I WILL HAVE NO CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Cow!!!! What in the world am I going to do with myself? I am so not ready to be alone!!!!!!! Even though there are times where one might believe that I live my life with the prospect of having some alone time, when it gets down to it, I don't want that. What am I going to do?!?!?!?! Well, I do what any self-respecting mom would do...I drop Shelby off at camp and head straight the to gym to my spin class because trying to stay focused on not falling off the bike got my mind off things long enough to avoid mental breakdown.

Anyway, Shelby had a great time at camp this morning and she is really excited about the Gymbus tomorrow. How do I know? Because for the first time in the history of her going to school she actually talked to me about it when I picked her up....I know, amazing isn't it!!!! JP and I had a nice morning. After the gym we went to the grocery to get milk and stuff; then came home for lunch, etc. He did very well considering I kept him up from nap so that he and Shelby could have some quiet time at the same time once we got home from picking her up.


When I asked Shelby if I could take her picture at first she was reluctant, which is a first, but I was able to get this picture of her in the car before she got out. I think she was more excited about her lunch box than anything else.

We have been fairly busy these last few days, but what else is new. I couldn't resist posting this picture of JP sitting at the window looking at Callie and Croix at Rob and Erik's house. As terrified as he can be of dogs sometimes I think in his heart he really loves them. He sat at the window for at least 10 minutes just looking at them. It was so cute!!!!





No comments: