The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Mini Family Reunion

My brother Matt came home this weekend!!! We are all so excited to see him, especially Shelby and JP. When I asked them to guess who we were going to see this weekend I gave them a few chances to get it right and eventually told them that it was Uncle Matt!! They both got so excited and started chanting, "Uncle Matt, Uncle Matt, Uncle Matt." Then I told them that Miss Katie was coming too and you would have thought that we were having a party up in this house:)

Anyway, it has been some time, atleast several months since the whole fam has been together so this is somewhat of a mini family reunion weekend for us. Lauren got into town on Thursday (she even skipped out of work tonight to stay with us....way to go Aunt Lala!!!) and Matt and Katie rolled in last night. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Truffles and the children enjoyed all the attention.

Today we planned a day at the pool and tonight we have family pictures with Janet from Silly Goose Photography! Our day at the pool was a splashing success!!! Grandpa drove out to have lunch we us and watch us swim for a little bit, but the sun came out to play and it got hot so Grandpa left...maybe next time he will remember his swim suit-hint, hint.

So here are some pictures from our fun day in the sun......

Yesterday at the pool we watched some girls do this little cheer jump and it is Shelby's new thing. This is Shelby and I jumping in after our little cheer....

Group Shot!!! Well, almost-we were missing Grandpa and Aunt Lala:( But we will get them in the picture tonight.


Shelby had such a great time playing with Miss Katie and Uncle Matt, but I think she enjoyed Miss Katie the most (no offense Uncle Matt). Katie was so kind and pretty much did anything Shelby wanted to do.


Suns Up, Guns Up! Check out those guns! I sure hope they are registered.


JP is being a little camera shy these days, but he really has become a huge water fan. He jumps off the side without requiring me to catch him now and he loves to put his "whole" head underwater. He really had fun playing with his pal Finn. As the day wore down and my family left, Erin and I sat on the side to catch some rays and catch up; and it was so sweet to see our children playing together. I found myself in one of those moments where is was in shock that we actually had somewhat of a normal conversation and finished it without interruption while all four kids played together pretty much without incident. It is so neat to watch them grow and mature.



No comments: