The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Thursday, August 5, 2010

She Got Her Hair Did!

******WARNING: The following images may not be suitable for the faint at heart. Proceed with caution!******
Last night in a rare and strange state, I got the idea to play around with my hair. I really don't know where it came from or why because as most of you know, my hair is either down or up in a pony tail and that is about all I have in the way of hair techniques. Plus I don't like it when people play with my hair or touch my hair as it tends to always make it more frizzy than it already is. While the children were showering (yes, both Shelby and JP have graduated to showers and bathing themselves...just another nail my coffin that there are no more babies around this house) I got the notion to see if I could braid my hair or put it up in two little buns; and the most shocking thing was that I actually did it!! Well, the braids definitely need some working on, but the two little buns were quite cute, if you ask me, and made me look years younger:)
As if that wasn't shocking enough for you all, Shelby comes up to me and begs me to braid her hair like I had mine. Knowing how she typically hates her hair to be in any style except down I tactfully delayed her and delayed her until this afternoon when I ran out of excuses; so bracing myself for the inevitable fighting that would ensue (everytime we try to do anything with her hair including brushing it we have a meltdown) I began to tread cautiously into braiding her hair. Much to my surprise, she stood perfectly still and allowed me to do it and an even bigger surprise is that I didn't do just any old regular braid, I got a little french braid action going!!
And without further delay....here is Shelby's hair! She wouldn't let me take a picture of her face, but I did convince her to let me take a picture of the sides and back....



(If anyone knows how to get spaces in between paragraphs, please let me know. I hit return so it shows in the editing section, but when I view the preview there is no space....very frustrating for me!!!)

No comments: