The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gymnatics

Shelby decided that this fall she wanted to do gymnastics. After making sure that is what she really wanted we drove out and registered. Of course, I was so excited and immediately had to remind myself not to live my life through my children (you know those parents who do that and they are so annoying) because I loved gymnastics when I was growing up. I took it for about 6 years and always dreamed of being in the Olympics, but when I realized how hard those athletes had to work for that I quit and gave a try at swimming and after a few years of swimming they started wanting us to get up early to practice before school started even in the winter!!! There is no way I was getting in a pool in the winter, especially in the morning before school, so I quit and then once I got to high school I enjoyed playing several different sports; but enough about me....back to Shelby.

Anyway, I wasn't able to be here to get her ready for her first day so I left that up to Pratt. Evidently it didn't go very smooth. First there was a melt down over her hair. She is very particular about how you brush it and when you brush and what you do with it after you brush it so the first fight went down over the hair. Then when they got to the gym Shelby decided that she didn't want to leave her daddy and had a melt down over that which ended with the coach holding her hand and basically dragging her away. So much for all the enthusiasm that was around leading up to this day. In anticipation of the smiles that would be on Shelby's face as she prepared for her first day I asked Pratt to take some pictures and instead of a smiling, excited little girl; Shelby gave us her angry teenager look....oh dear, makes me wonder what her teen years will be like:)


Last week went much better and I am sure that today will be even better. She is more excited now and when I dropped her off last week she didn't even think twice about going on in and getting started.
Just wanted to do a quick update on my mom...she is doing wonderfully! The surgery went very well and she came home last Monday from the hospital. She is recovering nicely and the doctor called to say that the biopsies came by negative so that was great news because we got confirmation that the cancer hadn't spread!!! In a few weeks they are going to do one round of radiation just to be certain that they get it all.

2 comments:

Karissa said...

So thankful that your mom's surgery went well and that her prognosis is good!

The View from Up Here said...

OH KIM! I'll say a prayer for your mom. And Shelby cracks me up! What a sassy little tot she is! she does not look her age at all in that picture! Miss you guys!