The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sillybands

I know that you all have heard of this crazy fad called Sillybands and can I just say, "Someone is making a butt-load of money off of rubber bands!!!" It hardly seems fair really, I mean, where is the genius behind that??? It's not like it is a new invention of something that we have never seen; like post it notes were at one time. Anyway, right in line with everyone else, we have succumbed to the silly band rage. Shelby doesn't really like to wear them, but she loves to look at her's and talk about them. She has a pig that is the official keeper of the silly bands and it looks like the poor pig is going to choke to death because she wraps them around the pig's next. Actually, you know that tribe in Africa that has the neck rings...well, if you do, that is what this pig looks like. It will be interesting to see if the neck is stretched out when Shelby finally decides to take the silly bands off.

While Shelby was quick to jump on board, JP was a little bit slower in his fascination with them and has just started to talk about them and wear them. The best part is that he doesn't wear them on his wrist like most children. It is kind of like he wants to be apart of the fad, but doesn't want to be like everyone else so he has decided to wear one or two up on each bicep and one or two on his legs above his knee. Everytime I see them I just smile to myself and think, "Only my child...only my child."

On another note...remember a year or so ago when Shelby had the dream about the bumpies under her bed?? Well, we haven't had any dreams worth taking note of since then until last night. Just before 5:00am Shelby started calling me so I went into her room expecting to find her with her nose bleeding because that is something we have been dealing with on and off during the night with her, but when I walked in there was no blood. Wondering what could be going on I asked her if she was okay and she started crying and said that she had a scary dream. I asked her if she wanted to talk about it and she said no so I comforted her, said a prayer over her, and after a few minutes left the room. I wasn't in bed for 10 minutes when she called me back in there. This time she wanted to tell me about the dream, and I have to say that it spooked me a little too, but I put on my brave face, checked her room where she said weird things were happening and showed her that she had nothing to be afraid of. We prayed together and I rubbed her back until she closed her eyes...a few minutes later the same thing so I just put her in bed with me.....totally weird, huh?!?!?!? I have been trying to think if she has seen anything or heard anything that would be scary or give the images that she was dreaming of and I couldn't come up with anything which got me wondering about bad dreams...where do they come from, what causes them, how to get rid of them, etc.

No comments: