The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Saturday, January 15, 2011

4 Years Old

It is hard to imagine that 4 years can go this fast. Just yesterday I was working on 2-3 hours of sleep a night (at best) and thinking that I would never make it; and now today I am amazed at how much I miss those sleepless nights. Two days ago was our sweet baby boy's 4th birthday!!! WOW!!!! Just saying that, it seems so unreal and nearly impossible; nonetheless, it is true.

This is what JP looked like four years ago today when we left the hospital. There really aren't words to describe what it is like to bring home you baby and it was so wonderful. One particular memory I have about that day is visiting a friend of mine in the hospital before we left. She had come in to be induced with their second child. It was just kind of neat to share that special time in life with a friend.

Anyway, here is JP in his little car seat four years ago.....



And here is JP two days ago on his actual birthday......part of him turning 4 was that we decided to move him up to a booster seat. Really, how exciting and how sad at the same time. I don't have any car seats in my car anymore-so incredibly sad! But how exciting that I have two booster seats and children who are growing and thriving despite all that I do inadvertently and on purpose to thwart that:)



Thursday was a fun day. We started out the morning with cinnamon rolls and eggs. JP got to have a little party at school with is friends. It was so cute. After the children sang happy birthday to him and he passed out his birthday snack they went around the room and said nice things about him. Each child said one of three things...JP is a good friend, I want him to come to my house to sleepover, or JP doesn't bother me when I am doing my work. One little boy even said that he wanted to invite JP to come over to his house for 3 nights! I can't wait to call his mother and ask her when a good time for me to drop him of would be (hint: Dana Rowe).



Part of the birthday tradition that we do in our house is that birthday person gets to pick out what kind of cake they want, what we eat for breakfast, and what/where we go for dinner. It is something fun we do as a family and I hope that one day the children will look back on these special days with fond memories which will override anything detrimental that happens along the way-jk, well, no not really, maybe just a little.

This year JP wanted to have cinnamon rolls and hard boiled eggs for breakfast; since he is only in school for half day, he enjoyed a special daddy/son lunch at Hampton Lake; for his cake he wanted a cupcake cake....WHAT!?!?!?!?, how in the world am I going to figure this one out???....and since he never really said what he wanted for dinner we kind of convinced him that Cheeburger Cheeburger would be a good choice. After a yummy dinner of cheeseburgers and french fries we came home for some cake.

JP as we are singing happy birthday. This isn't the best shot, but check out that cake...a cupcake cake in the shape of a 4 (very creative, I know).



Shelby and JP enjoying their cupcakes



Sebastian poised for attack



Uncle Patricio and Tito enjoying a sugar high



Neely diving in




JP, you are a precious gift from the Lord and every day we are so thankful that God choose us to be your parents and trusted us with your sweet little life. We love you more than you will ever know. Happy Birthday!!!

No comments: