Wow! I can't believe we are in the year 2011 already. When I was growing up I couldn't even conceive what life would be like in the 2000s...aren't we supposed to be living high in the sky, flying around, and have robots for house cleaners by now??? Well, whatever. I have to say I am very glad for where we are in life.
The last two days have been funky for me and in an effort to get out of it, I decided to make this a thankful thoughts/favorite things post....the power of positive thinking...right?!?!?!
1.-I am thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The hope that I have because of Him is what keeps me ticking and gets me through the tough times.
2.-I am thankful for my husband who loves me when I am unlovable and even when he might not "feel" love, he chooses to love and remains committed to his vows to me.
3.-I love playing cards with Shelby....Go Fish, Old Maid, Crazy Eights...and I can't wait to teach her more games to play.
4.-I love that JP still twirls his hair and feels things with it. I have no idea why he ever started that when he was so little, but I just love that he still carries that habit with him.
5.-I am thankful for the best group of girlfriends that any girl could ever ask for. They encourage me, challenge me to be better, pray for me, and put up with my craziness.
6.-I am thankful for Praise and Worship music. When I listen to great praise and worship music I can really feel the presence of the Lord all around me and I feel an overwhelming sense of peace.
7.-I am thankful for my totally normal, well, okay totally whacked out family. You never know what kind of silliness you will encounter when my mom, dad, sister and brother are all together and I love that we can be serious together and also goofy together.
8.-I love listening to Shelby read. She has just started and I love sitting with her on the couch while she reads and seeing the pride in her face when she finishes a book.
9.-I love to hear my children laughing and playing together.
10.-I love looking at my children while they sleep. Every time I peek in on them my heart explodes with love over those cute, precious gifts that God gave me...oh how blessed I am!!!
Well, I have so many more things and will probably do this again, but as for now I have to go pick my sweet Shelby up from school.
No comments:
Post a Comment