The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Monday, January 24, 2011

What JP's Been Fakin'

What a week!!! I love birthdays in our house as we usually end up taking a whole week to celebrate the person who is having a birthday and it just so happens that last week was my turn:) It was a super fabulous week that started with an overnight date with my husband last Saturday night and ended with a super fun girls night out having a Wii dance off at Hampton Lake. I mean really, what more could a girl ask for!!!!

Aren't my children the cutest!?!?!?!? Even though they can drive me crazy and they certainly know how to test my patience and any other virtue that a good parent should have, I can't help but love them more and more everyday!!!



Now on to address the title....There is something definitely different between Shelby and JP and I am not sure if it is a boy vs girl thing or a first child vs second child thing. When ever Shelby learns how to do something she is so proud and will show me over and over. For example; at school they teach the children the "flip trick" which is a way that they can put on their jackets by themselves. When Shelby learned the flip trick one would have thought that was the coolest thing ever. She did it over and over again and was so excited to show people her new trick. JP on the other hand....well, lets just say until a week and a half ago I had no idea that he knew how to put on his jacket. I have to admit that I was wondering why he hadn't learned it yet and figured since he has a different teacher than Shelby had that maybe he would learn it later. So along comes a week and a half ago; I went to his school for his little birthday celebration and at the end they children all got ready to go outside. Every single one of them put on their coats and JP walks up to me and asks me to help him. I froze and really didn't know what to do. Montessori is huge on having the children do things themselves, but I really still had a little bit of doubt that maybe, just maybe he couldn't put on his shirt. Then, in the blink of an eye, one of his teachers came over laid his jacket out for him and said, "JP, you know how to put on your jacker." And just like that...the flip trick!!!

Now, fast forward to last Friday....we have a beautiful swing set in our yard and JP is always asking myself and anyone else to push him and I have been trying and trying to teach him how to pump; and now, his secret is out....it is hard to tell in this photo, but he is swinging on his own. I had to sneak the picture because I was afraid if he saw me how would immediately play dumb and act like he didn't know how to swing. That little stinker!!!! Now as far as I know, all of his secrets are out...maybe....hummmm, I wonder what else he can do that he is hiding for me????



As I said earlier in my post, we celebrate birthdays the whole week in this family and it is sooo much fun. Friday night was a great time and I really hope that we get the chance to do it again soon. A couple of girls took me out to Backwater Bills for dinner and then we played Wii dance for a few hours. Angelique said that she thinks that there is a High School Musical Wii dance game and if there is....oh boy, you better watch out!!!! Anyway, I have to post atleast two pictures from the evening...this is myself, Erin, Leslie, and Katie gettin down to Thriller.



Sorry girls, I just had to include this picture...I can still hear Angelique, Dana, and Amy giggling after they snapped it.



And I finish the post with JP in jail....he had went to a friends birthday party at a putt putt place and they had so much fun!! Definitley have to put that idea in the idea box for future parties.

No comments: