We started off the month celebrating birthdays with friends. I love birthday party days because they give us something to look forward to over the weekend and it helps Saturdays go by a little more quickly. It is even better, although a bit exhausting, to have two in one day and we had just that scenario at the beginning of February. The first birthday was for sweet Sebastian. It is hard to believe that he is already 2!! Shelby and JP still refer to him as baby Sebastian and we are working on that....I don't think he will like that too much when he is 15. The second party was a ballet party at a local dance studio for Campbell. I really was shocked at how much Shelby got into it and this may be the only glimpse I will ever have into what a life of ballet would be like. Shelby was so excited to wear her friends leotard and tights, but she was very certain that she didn't want her hair in a ponytail or bun or anything. When the party was over she was supper excited and told me that she wanted to do ballet. I didn't want to discourage her by any means, but before we shell out hundreds of dollars I wanted to make sure that she understood that she would most definitely have to either wear her hair up or get it cut and when that point was understood she went back to her original plan of wanting to take up tennis.
This is a picture of the girls at the bar. My camera battery was on its last leg so most of my pictures turned out blurry...but Shelby's face was priceless the whole time.

JP is really enjoying his new train track. He got it for Christmas and has gotten some add on pieces to go with it. He will go in his room and play on it for hours which is soooooo nice! I have several pictures of the track, but I just really like this one up close so you don't get the full effect of how much this train track has taken over his room, but you get to see his sweet face.

Since that picture I have convinced him to take down the track for about 20 minutes so that I could vacuum his room. Normally I go in there, vacuum what I can and then move the track around to vacuum some more and it just takes so long.
Shelby and Pratt had a wonderful daddy/daughter date night this month. The school had a sweetheart daddy/daughter dance for Valentines Day and it was fabulous!!! All the little girls got dressed up and the daddies put on their suits for a fun night of dancing.
Another school in the area also had a family dance that night so we all got together at our neighbors house to fix up the girls. It was so cute!!! They all got their fingernails and toenails painted and then Leslie and Emily did the girls' hair. I can't believe that Shelby played along, but she ended up really enjoying getting her hair curled and asked me if we could curl her hair everyday (yikes!!! I don't have the skill set for that; better start learning).
This is Shelby and Pratt before they left....

Here is Pratt putting on her corsage....

And since I totally forgot to give Pratt the camera on his way out the door this is the only picture I have from the actual dance. These are the three amigos...Shelby, Kendall and Lauren.

Shelby had so much fun at this dance and I loved laying in bed with her after they got home hearing her tell stories of what they did and seeing her eyes light up. I hope that this is the first of many memorable nights with her daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment