Wednesday morning we headed out as fast as we could get out of the house. Everyone was so excited, but Shelby was by far the most excited out of all of us. Before we even hit I-95 she had already asked a million questions that came one right after another. She didn't even give us 5 secs to answer the first question before she was on to the next and then the next and then the next....continue on for 5 hours!!! As endearing as it was and at times very hilarious, it was a little much. I mean, nothing could stop the questions, not even a movie.
JP on the other hand just enjoyed the ride and was content to listen to his sister's rapid fire questions. In fact, he was so relaxed that he passed out on the way down.
He loves his monkey and blanky and pillow.
Because we left so early, we were able to check-in, go grocery shopping and still have plenty of time to spare to hit Downtown Disney. Now really, this first tast of Disney World was either going to make or break the trip. Think about it, we traveled all day and jumped right into action with two children who were a little tired, but running on so much adrenaline that it kept them going. Turns out, we had a very nice first night. We walked around Downtown Disney a bit, rode the carousel, ate at Rainforest Cafe, had ice cream, and went back to the place we were staying.
This picture is pretty significant to me because I have a picture of Shelby and I in front of that same fountain when she was 8 weeks old. That was back before digital cameras so I don't have it on my computer, but it is just so crazy that she turned 6 years old while we were on our trip!!!
No one slept much that first night. We were in a new place, the children were sleeping in bunkbeds for the first time and we were all excited about going to Magic Kingdom the next day. I think that I was up every hour with the children.
Magic Kingdom was definitely magical. It was amazing to see how much Shelby had changed from when we went to Disneyland a few years ago. When we went to Disneyland we literally had to drag her into the park kicking and screaming because she was so terrified of seeing the characters and the princesses, but this time she was so excited to get to see the princesses. She still avoided all the characters, but completely got into getting as many autographs from as many princesses as possible. It was too cute.
JP wasn't all that much into the princesses (whew!!!), but he did have his mind set on seeing Mickey Mouse and getting his autograph. When we finally found him, we had to wait in line for a little bit and at one point Mickey went inside for a little break and JP completely lost it. I mean he cried and cried and cried until Mickey came back out. I just prayed after that that we would make it up there before another break becuase I don't think he or I could have handled that again.
We had such a wonderful time at Magic Kingdom. We rode Dumbo, Peter Pan, the Tea Cups, Small World, the People Mover, Buzz Lightyear, the Jungle Boat, Aladin's Magic Carpet Ride, and Thunder Mountain. JP was just tall enough to get on Thunder Mountain and I really think that if it weren't for his thick hair that would not have allowed him on. It was so funny to watch him on that ride. He sat behind Shelby and I with Pratt and put his little hands in the air and shouted "woooo, woooo!" the whole time. When we got off he wanted to ride again, but Shelby said that it gave her a stomach ache and headache (could have been the yummy park food we had just eaten for dinner that got her all in a mess). I addition to all the fun rides, Shelby got to see Fairy Godmother, Princess Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, and Ariel and Prince Eric. I got such a kick out of watching her go up to each princess, talking with them, and getting her picture with them. She has come such a long way!!!!
Originally we had planned to not spend the whole day at Magic Kingdom, but as the day went on and the children did so well we decided to stay. At 7:00 they had an electrical parade, at 8:00 they had a slide show of different people's pictures from that day projected up on Cinderella's castle with music and then at 9:00 they had the most amazing fireworks show. We fell into bed exhausted that night and the children didn't make a peep until 7:15 the next morning.
Friday morning was a very exciting morning as this was the day that we celebrated Shelby's 6th birthday...yes, you read that right, I said 6!!!!! We had three main objectives that day...
1.-Donuts for breakfast. There was a Dunkin Donuts shop within walking distance so we laced up, hit the pavement and came out with six donuts.
2.-Get Tinker Bell's autograph. Of all the princesses we saw, the one Shelby kept saying she wanted to see the most was Tinker Bell and since it was her birthday what better day to see her.
3.-Pizza for dinner. Thankfully there was an Uno's Pizza place down the street from where we were staying so we enjoyed a very yummy Chicago style pizza for dinner.
The birthday girl ready for action.....
Objective #2-check:) Shelby, Tink, and Terrence
The crash was inevitable. We knew it would come, but we didn't expect it to be relatively quiet without any tantrums...JP finally gave in to his exhaustion on the bus back to our car after our day at Epcot. None of his usual "try to stay awake at all cost" antics; he just quietly gave into sleep.
Later that afternoon we played putt-putt. Of course, we had to make a competition out of it and I am pleased to announce that the girls stomped the boys and were victorious!!!
I am going to bring this to an abrupt end. Saturday we did Disney's Animal Kingdom which was crazy crowded!!! We only visited Africa and went on two rides. The children were pretty exhausted and the mommy and daddy were pretty exhausted. But, if you ever find yourself in Animal Kingdom and you can only do one thing; you have to go on the Safari Ride in Africa. It Was Amazing!
We finished up our trip to Disney World with a visit to Hollywood Studios. Again, it was crazy crowded. It must have been because it was the weekend. There is one thing for certain, Disney does not disappoint. The shows that we saw were so fun and amazing.
This last picture is Shelby at Hollywood Studios. It is one of my favorite from the trip....oh, I can't believe how much she has grown!!!!
Our trip was fun and we loved every minute of it. Hopefully we will get to go again one day, but this time we will leave on a Sunday, visit the parks during the week, and come home Friday or Saturday....
No comments:
Post a Comment