The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh my!

On our way to Clemson for homecoming two weeks ago we decided to take time to stop at Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia. The children were pretty tired, but the zoo proved to be the perfect size for their little legs to walk around. We saw all kinds of animals and JP even milked a pretend cow. Shelby was a little shy of the cow but loved walking around and looking at all the different kinds of animals.



I think that they both were a little overwhelmed by it all because the bears were going crazy when we first got there. It is no joke to see a bear standing on his hind legs and pacing back and forth like the bears were. I have to say even I was little bit intimidated and very thankful for the fence and huge ditch between us and them because that bear looked like he was on a mission to get across and take a look around.



They have made a ton of changes from what I remember the zoo being like and I have to admit I really missed those crazy screeching monkeys, but it is a lot quieter to walk around now so that is good.

No comments: