The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Clemson Homecoming

One of our favorite family trips every year is our annual trip to Clemson Homecoming with my family. It is always so much fun and the children love getting spoiled by eating whatever they want whenever they want all day, not to mention all the attention they get from all angles during the day. This year things were a little different as the crowd that we came with was missing some people and we actually had to tailgate outside instead of at Matt's appartment since he has graduated, but it was a whole lotta fun and I can't wait for next year.

The children are really getting to an age where they can enjoy it and get more out of the day then just sitting around getting diapers changed. Shelby really loved walking around and looking at all the floats.



JP was extremely tired most of the day (imagine that). They were both so excited on Friday night to be sleeping in a hotel and going to the game the next day that they had a hard time falling asleep, but in true JP fashion, he was up and at 'em at 5:00am ready to get the day started - lately he has had this thing where he wants to make sure he is up when it is "still dark outside"; I have no idea what started this obsession, but I am hoping that it won't last long. At any rate, by the time we got to the tailgate spot he was done, finished, long gone. It was tough at times to keep him going, but during the game he got about a 20 minute nap in my arms (sigh-sometimes I really miss those days with both my babies) and that was just what he needed to get hime going for the rest of the day.



At one point Pratt and JP went to get some water and as they were walking around the concourse JP asked Pratt why the bad team is always in red. Just when you think that they don't pay attention they bust out a question like that and you realize that even if they are just running through the living room or whatever, their little brains are picking up more than you know. He also wanted to know what the guys in the black and white shirts do.

I think that Shelby could still care less about stuff like that, but she was so proud of herself when the game was officially over announcing, "I stayed the whole game!"

We were very grateful for the Fishburnes having us at their tailgate. The food, company and drinks were divine!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Dad-I know you say every year that you aren't going to do it again, but it things continue as they are we all might want to consider getting season tickets and a parking pass....I'm just sayin;)

No comments: