The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lake, Father's Day, and Anniversary

It has been busy this past week. We left Friday afternoon for another fun filled weekend at the Lakehouse, we celebrated Father's day, and we celebrated our 8th anniversary. And in between all that we laughed and laughed at all the funny things the kids are up to these days. I really don't even know where to start. I am kind of overwhelmed right now as I just downloaded and went through 225 pictures from my camera that were taken over the course of 5 days. That is just really too much.

We had such a wonderful time at the lakehouse. It was so relaxing and Shelby and JP had a great time. By the end of our visit JP was trying so hard to sneak down the dock to the boat. By far, the boat rides were his favorite. And Shelby, well, she just amazed me. She was jumping off of the back of the boat and then swimming to daddy. There really wasn't a time that she wasn't in the water. Her skin is still a little pruney from all that water.

Friday through Sunday we had the Shell family with us. Shelby, Owen, JP and Lucy played so well together. I really can't recall one time when they were fighting or being disagreeable. Sunday was Father's day, of course BJ and Pratt wouldn't let us forget. We started out the morning with a little swim then loaded up the boat to go to the Goat for a little buffet. Then back to watch the US Open and have a little r and r while the kids napped.

Yesterday we got up, cleaned up, loaded up and headed home. It was our 8 year anniversary and Pratt and I had a date that we didn't want to be late for. It was a wonderful evening and JP and Shelby had so much fun with Grandmother. I can't elaborate too much on what went on with grandmother because I wasn't there, but Pratt and I really enjoyed our quiet evening of dining and talking. I can't believe that 8 years have already passed!!! The total of how long we have been together (14 years) is nearly half my life!!! Incredible, I know!!

And some other things.....

About two weeks ago we went to lunch with my family after church for an early Father's day celebration because my sister was home. After we were done eating my mom and Shelby took a little walk. They saw a big stuffed bear in a window in one of the stores and my mom said, "Look Shelby, there is the Cinnamon Bear. He is waving hi to us. Can you say hi back?" So Shelby said hi and they continued walking a little further. All the sudden Shelby kind of stopped and looked up at my mom and said, "Is he following me?"

Last week Shelby hurt herself and while I was tending to her I asked JP to go into the other room to get her froggy. He promptly left and came back with froggy and gave it right to her. It is just amazing how much he can follow direction. Also, JP doesn't walk anywhere anymore; he just runs and he is about to eat us out of house and home. It sure is going to be hard to keep up with him as he gets older.

Last night in the car on the way to mom and dad's Shelby said, "Mom, I want you to drive." I said, "Really, why?" To which Shelby replied, "Because your the greatest mommy in the world."

JP is trying to say all sorts of things these days. He says all done whenever he is done with anything. One morning at the Lakehouse he woke up saying, "Dada, dada, ahh dunn, ahh dunn."

No comments: