Can you believe that it is Friday already?? Where does the time go?
After forgetting on two separate occasions to feed JP (and I mean literally forgetting to feed him...couldn't figure out why in the world he was so fussy and put him down for a nap, letting him cry it out and then realizing after 30 minutes or so that I forgot to nurse him and you nursing moms out there know what I mean), I almost made a come back to be in the running for the Mother of the Year award; some redeeming moments: catching Shelby's chocolate vomit in my hands, kissing countless boo boos, potty training Shelby, nursing JP for a full year after claiming everyday as my last for the first 3 months, pulling countless all nighters with a screaming baby, well, if you are a mother you know the list. But then this week, on Thursday to be exact, Shelby got her first sunburn!!!! What a low moment to me...where did I go wrong, what did I miss?? As Angelique is my witness, I put sunscreen (or sunscream as Shelby likes to call it) on her 3 times throughout the day, but by the end of our fun in the sun her little cheeks were definitely red, and not that cute rosy red, but that shiny red that only a sunburn could make. The only thing that I can figure is that since Shelby has suddenly lost all fear of the water and spends 75% of the time with her head under it, the sunscreen just washed off. Who knows!!! So today before we went to the pool I put 50 on her face at home and then once we got to the pool I put on 30 and about an hour after that I put on more 30; and much to my dismay her face seems redder to me. Oh well, maybe next year:)
Back to Shelby's swimming...seriously, I don't know what happened to her in the last two weeks, but she is like a different child. Before, she hated having water on her head, even washing her hair was a battle, but now, she loves to do the deadman's float face down (I have to do a double take every time I see her like that), lay herself on the floor of the pool completely submerged in water, float on her back, etc. It is just amazing to me. Maybe I have a future Olympic swimmer or diver or synchronized swimmer on my hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment