The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Conversation with an almost 4 year old

This morning is rained like cats and dogs for a bit....

Shelby-Mommy, why did God make it rain?
Mommy-I am not sure, honey, maybe because he thought the earth needed some water.
Shelby-Oh.

I am glad that answer was good enough. She likes to ask the tough ones...

After CBS we continued on this conversation....
Shelby-Mommy, why did God make the rain stop?
Mommy-I am not sure, honey, maybe God thought that we got all the rain we needed for right now.
Shelby-Oh. I think God is cleaning up.
Mommy-Really, what do you think God is using to clean up? A mop?
Shelby-No, He is sweeping. Do you want to hear my new memory song at CBS?
Mommy-Yes! I would love to.
Shelby-For God so loved the world. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only, only son. For God so loved the world. Now you sing mommy.
Mommy-For God so loved the world. For God so loved the world, that He gave his one and only son. For God so loved the world.
Shelby-No, no, mommy, you didn't sing it right. It goes like this....

I wish that you could hear her sweet little voice and watch her mannerisms in these conversations. They are priceless.

No comments: