It is hard to believe that we have made it nearly four years with atleast one child with no casualties, but today is the day where our streak has come to an end. There aren't too many details as I wasn't around when the tragedy occurred, but I regret to tell you that our beautiful Clemson Snowglobe is no more (sigh). So apparently here is what happened....
This morning Pratt had some time off so he volunteered to keep JP while I went to the gym. He also said that when I got back from picking Shelby up from school he would have lunch ready for us. I am sure that the morning went on as usual with those two (JP and Pratt). They played upstairs, watched some tv, and danced to some Tiger Rag. After a bit Pratt decided that he would start getting lunch fixed so that it would be ready and we could sit down for lunch together before he left for Chicago. Sometime during the food preparation all the sudden he heard some banging and glass shattering. When he went over to see what the commotion was he saw a chair where it wasn't before and the snowglobe, well, looking not so snowy...imagine, water, glitter, and teeny tiny shards of glass everywhere. Being the quick thinking father that he is, he scooped JP up and put him in his jumper and tried to clean up as best he could.
When I got home Pratt was sitting on the fireplace not moving because after he started the clean up process he realized he was standing in a glass mine field with no shoes on and JP could be heard in our bedroom playing in his jumper (thank goodness he still kind of can fit in it). Thankfully no one was hurt, but the table in our entry way looks a little empty now without the presence of the snowglobe.
1 comment:
Are you sure it wasn't broken after UNC beat Clemson at basketball?!?
Post a Comment