The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday JP...a day late...

I meant to make a post yesterday about JP's birthday since that is the actual day that he turned 2, but for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to it. I think that I am going through a different form of baby blues right now....baby blues that I have no more babies!!! How did this happen? Today at CBS there was a mom with her four week old and I just found myself staring at this precious baby and I wanted to shake the mom and make sure that she complete understood how fast he would grow up. Of course, this was her second baby and she is well aware of that fact, but baby #2 goes so much faster...too fast for sure!!!
I can't believe that my sweet JP was once this little. This was taken the day after he was born, so really 2 years ago today. Look at how little he was. The only thing that he could do at this point was cry, poop, pee, and sort of nurse.

Now look at him in this picture. This was on his birthday last year. We had such a fun trip to the mountains. He was just barely walking, wasn't really talking and he couldn't feed himself. Thank goodness by this point he was sleeping through the night:)

And now here we are in the present....He is doing more than I could have ever imagined him doing at the point. He has mastered climbing nearly everything in our house, he speaks in pretty clear sentences, makes his desires known, tells you he loves you, pretend plays with Shelby, sings ever chance he gets, loves to pose for the camera and then look at himself, etc...the list goes on and on and on.

We have had a fun week so far celebrating this little guys birthday. I just love how our family has mastered the art of dragging out celebrations for days, including Christmas, Thanksgiving and Birthdays. It just makes it so much more fun!!!

Here is a picture of the cake that I made for our little family celebration. I just had to show it off because as you all know I have many gifts, but creativity and artsy stuff definitely isn't one of them. JP's current love is Nemo. He has one that he sleeps with and he talks about him all the time. There isn't a 30 minute time period that goes by during the day that he doesn't say something about Nemo. So, I thought, what would JP really love for this cake to be? Nemo was the first thing that came to my head. Thankfully I just happen to have a bag of orange and black m&ms and that was that.....Now, I know you all are going to want me to bake cakes for all your celebrations from now on, but I am going to have to respectfully decline that honor as I don't want to put all those bakeries out of business who have hard working employees that count on their paychecks to feed their families.

3 comments:

The Usserys said...

Happy Birthday JP! Your cake was AMAZING! Kim, I'm impressed...now...no more 'I'm not crafty' comments, ok?

Amy said...

Probably the world's first Clemson Nemo! That's awesome!

Brent and Heather Harbin said...

Happy Birthday Kim! I'll always remember your birthday because it's the same as my brother's. I hope that you have an awesome day enjoying your family! Tons of love!