The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pictures!

I realize I haven't posted many pictures lately and the truth is, I really haven't been taking many pictures lately. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed at how far behind I am at getting pictures developed and in a photo album that I go on a sort of picture strike. Anyway, here are a few pictures from the last few weeks or so.....

Last weekend we went to a birthday party at Island Gymnastics. What a cool place!!! Here is a picture of JP crawling over these block things. He did a really great job. I was completely shocked because they were all different sizes and shapes.

This is Shelby in the foam pit. They had two little runways with trampolines on the end that you could jump off into a huge foam pit. I wanted to try it so bad, but they had strick rules about parents getting on the apparatus. Surprisingly Shelby loved it. I think that it was good that I was late getting there. She went ahead with our neighbors and I came after JP's nap. Being there by herself gave her time to figure things out without mama around. She always seems to be so timid when I am around, but a little bit more bold when I am not.
We recently had our first pizza and movie night. Pratt and I thought that the kids are getting old enough to be able to sit through a movie. This was taken at the very beginning...I think that the beginning credits were still rolling. I have to give Shelby and JP credit, they made it through a good chunk of the movie, but definitely didn't make through the whole movie. All in all it was a great success and I can't wait for our next one.

This is just a silly picture of Shelby and JP playing. They love to play in this bag and pull each other around the house. I am so thankful that they play so well together. It is getting to a point where I kind of can get in the way if I try to play with them. Most times they want to play together without me, but they still like to have me in the room with them.


Our recent big adventure is that Shelby started a little ballet class this week. Last week I was talking with a friend and she told me of this class so I asked Shelby if she wanted to take ballet with Emily (one of her little friends). She said yes, but after we got home later that day she came up to me and said that she didn't want to take the class. Apparently she was really thinking about this since I had mentioned it because I never said anything else about it or really gave it a second thought, but she certainly did. Well, I decided to sign her up for it anyway...the girl needs to try some new things and spread her wings a little bit. Yesterday when she woke up from her nap I went into her room and said that we needed to get ready for ballet class...if you could have heard her carry on. It was like I told her I was taking her to a torture chamber where she would be tortured endlessly for no reason at all. She pitched the biggest fit and begged me not to take her. Trying to think quickly I told her that we would just go watch and that wasn't the right thing to say, she cried even louder and protested even more. Eventually I did get her to agree to go and just watch, but of course once we got there and she saw all of her little friends she immediately became excited. When I picked her up after the class she was smiling from ear to ear and telling me all about it (this is a really great sign because this girl never tells me anything about anything). After we got home she told Pratt all about it and told him that she did so much ballet that she got sweaty. Anyway, today we went and bought our first little ballet outfit. This is a huge victory for me that she actually tried something new and is totally excited about it!!!


1 comment:

Brent and Heather Harbin said...

That's ecxiting about ballet because Callie starts next week! Maybe we'll get to run into each other!