The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lake Pictures and Staycation

Well, here are just a few of the "millions" of pictures that I took at the Lakehouse during Fourth of July weekend.

Shelby stole Papa's hat. She was so proud of herself.

The boys plus Shelby minus JP getting excited about the parade.

The girls plus JP ready for the parade to start! GO USA!!

JP showing off his flying squirrel. We gave him a perfect 10 for this one.


And now...introducing....shuserman (superman) and princess Shelby. JP really has no idea who superman is, but he loves to run around the house after bath time with his towel on his head and pretend he is shuserman. It is so fun to watch him and Shelby play together.


We had plans to go out of town this past weekend. We thought we would venture up to NC to the mountains, but after having so much fun at the lake the previous weekend we were kind of tired and decided to have a staycation. It was good old fashioned family time. Thursday we took the children to the aquarium. They had so much fun looking at all the sea life that was there. Friday we went to the pool and Saturday we went to the pool. After church on Sunday we spent the day at the house. It was great fun just being together, laughing together and playing together. Also, we saved a lot of money by staying here and eating at home, etc. I would highly recommend it to any family out there. There is more to do then you would think.
Now I leave you with a video clip of Shelby doing flips in the pool. Yesterday I met a friend and her children at the pool. They had so much fun playing together and it was great to be able to sit and catch up with my friend. All the sudden while I was talking I looked up and saw Shelby's little feet kicking at the surface and noticed her head was near the bottom of the pool and then all the sudden her head popped up and her feet were back at the bottom. I was absolutely amazed!!! So of course I grabbed the camera and made her do it again so that I could share it with you.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

You forgot the part that said "and we went all the way to Charleston and didn't see Lauren." :(