The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sleepwalker?!?!?!

Last night turned out to be quite the interesting night and I am really thankful that I decided to go to bed at 9:30 instead of staying up to read. I fell asleep quickly and was really enjoying a wonderful, peaceful, deep sleep. You know what kind of sleep I am talking about? The kind that when you wake up the next morning you feel more refreshed than any other morning you have ever had. Anyway, it was great sleep and it was deep, but during that sleep I thought I heard a little pitter-patter of feet on the wood floor, but couldn't really figure if it was a dream or real life. At 1:30am all the sudden I hear JP scream out my name in fear, "Mommy!!!!" It was too close to be coming from the monitor and I knew instantly that he was standing in the door to our room. It scared me so bad that I then let out a little scream which woke Pratt up. Clearly JP was confused and scared. The first thoughts that ran through my head when I heard my name was that someone was taking him or hurting him and I had to get him fast. Thankfully none of that was true, but my heart was racing nonetheless. After I scooped him up and he calmed down he asked if he could sleep in our bed as I brought him back to his room. I laid him back down, gave him some water, and rubbed his back. Once I got back to bed I started thinking about some of my sleepwalking escapades when I was little and remembered the time I tried to walk out of the house to go visit my dad at work. Fortunately my mom was up and told me to go back to bed; which being the obedient child that I was, even when I was sleeping, I promptly turned back up the stairs and went to bed. Well, it only took that memory to make me realize that JP could get out of the house, thus ended my night of sleep. I spent the rest of the night on the couch scrutinizing every noise that I heard. I put toys all around the door so if JP did sleepwalk again and tried to get out he wouldn't be able to get to the door without falling over some toys. Today Pratt went to Home Depot to get some hook latches to put up high on the door so that at night we will be able to sleep without the worry that JP might be wondering the streets somewhere.

No comments: