The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Body Paintin' and Truckin'

This weekend was a wild one! Pratt went to Florida on Thursday to do some business and see some friends. Normally while he is gone things move very smoothly here and while it is tiring taking care of two children, nothing to out of the ordinary happens. Well, this weekend proved to be a little different.......

Thursday was a great day. It is nice to have a day where nothing really has to get done and you don't have to be anywhere. We stayed in most of the day and here are some pictures of Shelby fingerpainting. This is the first time that most of the paint ended up on her and not on the paper. I left the room for a few minutes to get JP and when I came back she had painted her arms. She is quite the artist, huh.....

Friday was supposed to be a fun day out enjoying the wonderful weather we have been having, but JP had other plans. My child who never sleeps took a three and a half hour nap that morning. I felt so bad because a friend of mine from the island packed up her two kids and drove all the way out here to meet us at the playground and we only ended up being able to go for about 45 minutes. When we got home I thought that I might want to take JP's temp. so I did and he had a little fever. Poor boy, no wonder he slept so long and then here I am dragging him all over town. Anyway, I took him to the doctor that afternoon just to get him checked before the weekend and besides his fever, everything looked good. Shelby also got a little check up and she was fine. Sunday I thought that we were in the clear and then Monday Shelby woke up with a nasty cough and by the time the evening came around JP's fever was back. Anyway, to make a long story short, we survived while Pratt was gone. Shelby and JP got to see Papa and Grammie for a little bit on Saturday and I got to watch some of the Clemson Football game at Wild Wings with mom and dad. Everyone had a great time and the Tigers stomped all over Wake. Only one more game to go....Boston College, if we win then we go to the ACC Championship Game!!!!!
This picture was taken just before nap time today. Shelby loves to push her tonka truck around the house. Several times she has informed me that JP would like to ride. Well, I gave in. I really didn't think that he would like it too much, but ends up he thought it was just as great as Shelby did. Aren't they sooooo cute!



1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love that last picture!!