The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Turn your Head for One Second

What you are about to see are a series of pictures of what can happen when you turn your head for one second.


This first picture was taken yesterday when Shelby woke up from her nap. I don't usually allow any sort of drawing utensil in her room for this very reason, but somehow one made it by my security. Thankfully most of the ink was on her legs and hands and none of it found its way to the walls or furniture. The best part was that when I was telling Erin about what Shelby had done and that I had no idea where she got the pen, Shelby got up, went into her room, and came back with the pen and said, "Here it is Mommy." It was so cute!!! I just love that girl.


This picture isn't so earth shattering as nothing is terribly wrong with the world around JP, but it is earth shattering in the fact that it is my sweet little boy throwing somewhat of a mini-tantrum. He recently has started showing his pleasure and displeasure with things and I think it is so funny when he isn't pleased with something that is going on. He lays on his belly and pushes himself backwards while fussing about this or that. It is so cute. Also, don't you think he looks more like a little boy in this picture?? I just couldn't believe how old he looked when I saw the picture. Booooo Hooooo Hoooooo......

And now we come to the final two pictures....For some reason this morning I decided to take on the task of rearranging Shelby's room. I don't know what possessed me, maybe it was just a moment of insanity. Anyway, the project started while JP was napping, but of course, he woke up before I could finish. Shelby and I went into his room to get him. She loves to get him after his naps. She always insists that she opens the door, then she runs up to the crib and says, "Hey Buddy." It is so cute and JP just smiles so big. I love watching them interact now; well, most of the time. At any rate, I got JP out and left him and Shelby in his room while I finished moving Shelby's dresser. It didn't take too long for me to accomplish this task and when I came back into JP's room it was complete disaster zone!!! Let me tell you, it doesn't take them long to move a room from order to complete chaos. And look, of all the toys that are out, they aren't even playing with them.


Shortly after, the party moved to Shelby's room....and I will just let the picture speak for itself.

The kids are moving into such a fun stage. Shelby is changing so much everyday. She always is making us laugh. JP is really starting to "talk" a lot. He will sit and talk with you for minutes and minutes with the most serious look on his face and then he will throw in an occasional fake laugh. It is hilarious!!!

No comments: