Today I write with a heavy heart. Some things are trivial compared to others, but all of them are weighing heavy on me right now. Some I can mention and others are unspoken, but God knows them all and He is able to carry them for me.
First off, I would like to ask all of you to pray for a family that is in our church. While on assignment in Utah for the Marines, Mike, was in a terrible snowboarding accident. This happened on Sunday. Meredith, his wife, and his family are out there with him, keeping watch over him and praying over him. They are asking that we pray that Mike will come out of the coma he is in. Right now he is not voluntarily responding to any commands. I don't know much about medicine, but I know that the sooner he comes around the better it will be for his recovery. While there are tremendous hurdles for Mike to get through, Meredith has some praises about the process and I am so thankful that God has provided for her. Praise God that He is so faithful to His children. Oh please, please pray for this sweet young family everyday!!!
The next big thing that is going on is that the "Year of Kim" has begun!!! Today ended up being the day, we are officially done nursing. It has been a couple of weeks now that I have figured that we could stop, but I just didn't want to let go. For all the times that I was somewhat annoyed over the whole nursing thing this past year an outsider would have thought that I was bitter about it, but in my heart of hearts I knew that I was doing what was best for my sweet JP and loving every minute of it. It will certainly be hard these next few days. I will miss that quiet cuddling time with him, but I also look forward to all the fun stages to come. He has been such a joy to watch as he has come into his own and started exploring the world around him.
Well, that is all for now. Please pray for my friends.
2 comments:
I'll be praying for your friends. Keep us updated!
Praise God for Meredith and the strength she is showing! Prayer is such a beautiful thing and prayer is exactly what Mike and Meredith need right now.
You touched my heart with the nursing issue. It is such a special time in our lives and no matter how ready I was to stop, it was emotionally difficult the first few days after the last feeding.
Post a Comment