And now, backing up a day. Here is JP on Friday at Hampton Lake. Since he has discovered this new freedom in walking he was all over the place. He tried to climb up the "rock wall" as seen below. Then he decided to tackle the big playground and climb all the way to the top. Of course I was hot on his heels to make sure that he didn't make a wrong turn and end up falling. I just can't get over how big he is getting and how brave he is. Shelby was pretty much content to just sit by me and know that she was safe. JP on the other hand loves to grab life by the horns and go at it with gusto. Of course he always comes back to mamma when things don't seem to go well.
Last night was a big night for Clemson Basketball and while we lost in double overtime to those Tarheels, I have to give my boys props for leaving nothing on the court. Shelby and JP stayed up for a little bit in hopes of catching some of the game, but since the game before ours was running late they didn't get to see much. JP got all cozy with daddy on the couch to cheer on our tigers and was slightly disappointed that he didn't get to see any of the game. Maybe next time, buddy.
JP is up to all sorts of new tricks these days, but his most impressive is his twisty tongue trick. Check it out.....I bet that most of you out there can't do this with your tongue. It is so funny, both of my kids stick their tongues out when they are concentrating on something and JP's always gets all twisty. I just love it and get the biggest kick out of it.
What blog post would be complete without some stories about Shelby. She is just too funny!!! I love her little voice, her mannerisms, and her catch phrases. Today we were playing in JP's room on the blocks and she wanted to close the door. I told her that she needed to leave the door open and so she walked over to the door and closed it slightly then looked at me and said, "I'll just frack it mommy. Okay?" I said, "What?" And she said, "I'll leave it fracked." I almost feel over laughing; not because of what she said, but because of how she said it. She new exactly what she was saying, her little tongue just got all tied up. Then, tonight while we were putting her to bed I had one of the sweetest moments with her. I was laying in bed next to her and while Pratt was saying our good night prayers she leaned over and kissed me on the tip of my nose. This time I almost cried because it was so sweet and compulsive. I didn't ask for the kiss; she just did it. It is times like these that you cherish forever.
In closing, I would like to leave you with this video of Shelby's first single entitled "Jesus Loves Me". Enjoy!
5 comments:
You caught the JP tongue twist on camera... good job! Loved the solo Shelby... I love the little voice praising the Lord.
Leslie
That was the cutest video. I like the new verse of "I'm in time out"! SO funny! What adorable kiddos you have!!!
I think that tongue twisty thing is a hereditary trait. Can you do it? :) Miss Shelby is a rock star for Jesus!
So I definitely cried watching that video…so precious!
She is too precious!! Praise God for showing us His love in sweet moments like this :)
Angelique
Post a Comment