So today is one of the days that I look forward to the most on a bi-weekly basis; why? you ask. It is because on this day every two weeks my house gets cleaned from top to bottom and I don't have to lift a finger. Shelby even gets excited when she hears the doorbell ring, even she knows that the day the glorious (and super fabulous) cleaners come is a great day no matter what!! Well, there is only one draw back, when the cleaners come I put things away and when I put things away I can't remember where I put them so today you are going to have to read through the post without any cute little pictures of the kids being too cute because I can't remember where I put my camera. I am sure that it is in some very logical place and when I find it I will go "ah ha!!!"
So, since the circus on Saturday things have been going along great here. Sunday we all went to church. It was such a touching service as we all joined hands and lifted Mike and Meredith up to the Lord. I don't think that there was a dry eye in the sanctuary. To me, the most amazing thing in all of this is Meredith's strength and faith. She has ministered to so many people through this whole ordeal. Everytime I check the computer for an update on how Mike is doing she is praising God for his faithfulness and love to them. I praise God that he loves us and desires to have a personal relationship with us where we can approach his throne and lay our requests at his feet; and when we think that we can't make it through another day, he picks us up and carries us through. Meredith, you have been such an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for allowing God to use you in such a mighty way. We look forward to your's and Mike's return soon. On that note, please continue to pray for them. The doctors are hopeful that Mike will come out the coma, but they said to expect atleast 8 weeks or longer.
Pratt had to leave early as he had a sales conference in Jacksonville to attend, so once church was over I loaded up the kids in the car and came on home. One thing that I have decided since Pratt has been traveling so much is that if at all necessary it is just easier to avoid having to prepare any food at any time. It is just easier, it may not always be healthier, but I figure a few days eating slightly unhealthy won't kill us...right? Needless to say, we haven't been eating very much at home except the occassional sandwich or fruit bowl and let me tell you, JP can eat some fruit!!! I have to be careful because as soon as he sees the fruit, no matter what he is eating, he immediately stops and starts begging/whinning until he gets the fruit. Speaking of the man, what a little cutie he is. He is almost running all over the place now. I can't get over how fast he went from a few steps here and there to full walking. Yesterday we went to the playground and it was like he had never been there before. He explored everything and even tried to climb up the stairs on the big kids playthingy. I just can't believe how big he is getting. He voices his opinion on things now, he throws balls and chases them, he has full conversations with you in baby talk, he walks around pretending to talk on the phone, and the sweetest thing is that he loves Shelby more than anything. Every Monday and Tuesday that we take Shelby to school he cries when she gets out of the car. Oh what joy fills my heart that they love each other so; I know that it won't always be a love fest, but right now it is so sweet!!!!
We are fast approaching Shelby's third birthday!!! Can you believe it!!! Three!!! Pretty soon she is going to be thirty with a little girl turning three and I will be a grandma....woah....hold on there, I don't want it to go that fast. Anyway, she is such a funny little girl. I wish that I could record her 24/7 because by the time I get to a place that I can write down something funny that she has said, I have already forgotten it; and sometimes it isn't that what she said was so funny, but how she said it and her body language that makes you want to fall over laughing. Today at lunch I was asking her how school was and she asked me to tell her about CBS; she says, "You talk about it mommy, you talk about CBS. You talk about it." So I told her who was there and that we talked about Daniel and Lions Den. I told her that God had sent his angels to rescue Daniel from the lions and that the next morning he was still alive (which, by the way, I don't think she even could really understand, but she looked at me so intently hanging on my every word). Then I said, "It was a miracle." She got so excited and looked at me with wide eyes and a big old smile and said, "Like my Bible." I know that she got that from CBS. She knows that the Bible is God's word and that God's word is true and in the Bible are so many stories of God's miracles. I almost cried with joy. To me, it let me know that, yeah, she is memorizing scripture and hiding God's word in her heart, but it goes deeper, there is a connection and she is understanding. Oh what joy floods my soul!!!!
Maybe I will find my camera soon! Have a great day!
1 comment:
Shelby is such a smart little girl! When Avery grows up I want her to be just like her! ;)
Post a Comment