The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Monday, February 25, 2008

What a Week!

Last week was quite busy to say the least. We started off with Shelby's 3rd Birthday on Monday. What a wonderful day it was. Shelby is such a wonderful blessing. Since it was President's Day she didn't have school so we just spent time together around the house. Meme met us at the grocery store to help get the fixings for a birthday cake and as any dutiful grandmother would, she bought Shelby the biggest birthday balloon. It had Tinkerbell on it and when ever you tap the bottom of the balloon it chimes and talks to you. I know, how crazy is that. Even balloons are becoming high-tech. After Shelby's nap we baked her birthday cake together. She really enjoyed stirring the batter and pouring in the oil. That night Rob-a-Dod came over for some pizza and then for dessert the Alberts joined in on the fun. They came over with birthday hats, pink pom-poms, and cow bells. Check out our baking masterpiece....


Tuesday and Wednesday were school and CBS days. I got to go to Shelby's school for a little bit on Tuesday to eat pizza and bananas with her and her friends for her little school birthday celebration. It was so much fun. All the kids just stared at me with that look of who is this strange lady with crazy hair and why is Shelby suctioned to her like a sucker fish on a whale? And of course on Wednesday after CBS we all headed to Hampton Lake to the playground for some afternoon fun. I forgot to mention that on Tuesday we had a little picnic in Shelby's room for lunch. When we got home the cleaners were still here cleaning away and the last thing I ever want to do is get in their way so we spread out a blanket, grabbed some stuff from the frig and made a picnic. Shelby and JP had such a great time. I think that we will do it again.

I can't really remember what we did Thursday so we will skip that day, but Friday Shelby had her three year check-up. She is practically perfect in every way (okay, maybe those weren't the doctor's exact words, but I am sure that is what he meant.) Then, since it was a rainy day we went over to Hampton Lake to play at Fishtales (this really cool indoor play area that has all kinds of fun stuff). We met our friends Angelique, Avery and Cole. Shelby and Avery had so much fun playing together. They made necklaces out of the beads, "played" a board game, colored, and ran around like the two crazy girls that they are. Meanwhile Cole and JP tried to eat beads, walked around like they were too cool for school, and ate. We had such a fun time and now I am kind of looking forward to another rainy day so that we can go back.

Saturday was the big party day. Children from all over flocked to our house for Shelby's Pink Princess Party. The party was a big success, if I do say so myself. It was so much fun and I just loved watching all of Shelby's little friends playing and eating. They were all so well behaved. It was just amazing. I also got to meet some of Shelby's friends from school and their moms. I know that Shelby had so much fun, but at one point my mom said she looked over and Shelby was just standing there by herself with her hand on her head looking around. I am sure that she was somewhat overwhelmed by it all, but once she snapped out of it she was good to go.

In all the fun that we had last week, the only down side that I have to report on was that JP got a pretty nasty fever on Friday that lasted through Saturday night. Thankfully there were no other symptoms to go along with it, but he was one little dude that wasn't feeling well at all. Sunday he was much better. His new trick is to put his sippy cup on his head or sometimes behind his head while he eats. So when he started doing that Sunday night at dinner I knew that he was back to his good old self. He such a funny little man!


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Love the cup trick, JP!