The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Friday, February 29, 2008

Techincal Difficulties

Alas, my computer knowledge is null and void with all these new fancy dancy computers. For some reason the computer is failing to acknowledge my memory card and I don't even know where to begin to fix it, so once again you are going to have to bear this blog without any pictures. But, never fear, because when Pratt gets home I will have him fix it.

Anyway, I have some great news....no, I didn't save a bunch of money by switching my car insurance; Pratt, Rob and Erik finally got that pesky armadillo that has been tearing up our yard and digging man size holes underneath our back steps. It all went down on Tuesday night. I won't go into details of how Pratt coaxed the armadillo out of his hole, but he did and then the chase ensued. Apparently Pratt and Rob ran into the woods beside our house barefoot in hot pursuit and it didn't take long for them to take him down. I have some really great pictures of the great white hunters and their catch which you will have to wait until later to see. Nonetheless, the consensus came in that they should cremate the armadillo so they did. The next morning I told Pratt that next time he is going to have to bury any further rodents because the smell that came from that fire was just plain awful. I couldn't sleep that whole night because our whole house smelled so bad. It took until almost dinner time the next night for the smell to be completely gone.

And on to other news....Today JP had two firsts! The first one, which I have a really cute picture of, is that JP did "shake-n-bake" with Ezron all on his own. It was so cute. He just balled up his little fist and pounded it with Ezron (who by the way became the proud daddy of one super cute baby girl...Congratulations Ezron!!!). Now, how many one year olds do you know that can "shake-n-bake". Sure, anyone can give a high five, but "shake-n-bake" now that is the stuff. The second happened tonight while my mom and dad were over. My dad and Shelby have this thing where they give each other "one". Basically the touch each other's pointer fingers when my dad says, "Give me one." Well, now JP has that down. It was so funny to watch him squeal at my dad to get his attention then stick out one finger. Afterwards he would tap his head (I have no idea about that one) and clap his hands with excitement. JP is also starting to master the fine art of running. Today he ran everywhere. Not once did he walk. If this is a sign of things to come, I may have to be one of "those" moms who puts a leash on their child when they are in a crowded public area....more on that later.

And now on to Shelby. I really am loving her bedtime routine. Sure, it takes a long time, but the exchange that occurs between us at night is so cute. It starts out with Shelby asking for some fresh water. Then she holds up her fingers and asks for one sip or two sips. Of course, the sucker that I am always lets her have two sips. Once that is taken care of she begins her, I go to sleep for a lil' bit, JP go to sleep for a lil' bit, mommy go to sleep for a lil' bit and daddy go to sleep for a lil' bit, everyone go to sleep for a lil' bit, who else go to sleep for a lil' bit, you talk about it mommy. So I confirm that we are all going to sleep for a little bit in which case the scenario repeats itself two to three more times. When she is satisfied about who all is going to sleep for a little bit she goes into her you "sheck" on me. She makes sure that I am going to "sheck" on her and that daddy is going to "sheck" on her. I assure her that we will "sheck" on her and tell her that we love her and then close the door. You have to be quick about it because if you linger around her bed to long she grabs onto the collar of your shirt and pulls you in close. Once she has you in her grip the whole ritual starts all over again. I just love every minute of it!!!

Well, that is all for now. Have a great night!

1 comment:

heather black said...

You are hilarious. I love your blog!