It was so much fun!!! I have to admit that I was a little bit nervous on how Shelby would handle all the stimulation, but she did pretty good. There were clowns, jugglers, trapese people, tight rope walkers, acrobats, this guy who put a pole with a girl balancing on the top on his forehead (it gave me a headache/neck ache just watching him), these guys who were in these giant hampster wheel thingys that went round and round, one enormous elephant, five cute little dogs, and somewhere around 5 beautiful white tigers. Oh yeah, and the main clown guy who talked with a french accent and rode around on all different typs of cycles.
JP was hooked from the start. He loved all the loud music and lights. Throughout the show he was dancing, clapping, and waving his hands up in the air. It was so much fun to watch him. I know that he won't remember the day we took him to the circus, but I will remember it forever!!!
Shelby took a while to warm up. At first she sat so still and held on so tight to my arms. I could feel her little heart about to beat out of her chest. By the time we got to the intermission she loosened up a lot. She was laughing and clapping and really enjoying herself. Unfortunately she didn't get to see to much of the elephant because she had a potty emergency. Which, that is a victory in itself. Rarely does she use public restrooms; they seem to scare her a little. Anyway, we got back just in time to see one last trick with the elephant and then the backside of the elephant as he left the stage (well, I think it was a he, I have no idea actually.).
After that it was intermission so that they could get the stage set for the tiger show. Once again, I missed the tigers. Not having planned well enough I had to get something for the kids to eat since the show ran from 11:00 to 1:00. Anyway, I came in just as the tigers were getting lined up to exit the stage. I was sad. The only thing I really wanted to see was the animals and I missed both acts. Well, that's not entirely true; I did get to see the little doggies perform. Shelby never really got back into it after that. She must have been tired or something so Pratt took her out to walk around while JP and I enjoyed the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment