The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

All about the Girl

Well, you can probably guess that since it has been nearly a week since my last post that the Festival of Lights trip that I was so excited about didn't turn out to be as great as I had invisioned. After almost five hours in the car and a not so impressive light show we were home and fell wearily into bed. Shelby did pretty good the whole trip. We only had to stop twice for false potty breaks. JP, on the other hand, was non-to-thrilled to be in his car seat that long and cried most of the five hours. Oh well, maybe next year when the kids are older.......

On Friday we went to Aunt Leslie's house for a little Happy Birthday Jesus party!! It was so much fun! Leslie is so great at stuff like this and I am more than grateful that she is my friend as I never seem to have it together enough to even think of putting something together like this party. It was the most beautiful day. There were tons of kids there. First we started out with some singing time with Earl Stephens. I tried to get some video of them, but of course I was one step too slow and only ever caught the last note of the songs. After that it was craft time. The kids made this little linky thingy (see Shelby modeling hers below). It has a little star at the top with a little poem and you take a link off each day. On Christmas day you take the last link off and have your star.




As the kiddos finished their crafts they played outside. Let me just tell you that the weather has been gorgeous here!!! I love it! Anyway, then cake time! We gathered all the kids around and they sang Happy Birthday to Jesus!!! It just melted my heart. There is nothing more sweet and innocent then hearing children's voices singing about Jesus. Once again I tried to capture this moment on video, but well, that didn't work. Good for me though because I have the memory in my head, stinks for you because I can't share it:)

The weekend went on without too muck incidence. We had a great time on Sunday as we were blessed to have Ross and Erik join us for church and then we all went to lunch at Hampton Lake afterwards. Shelby just loves those guys (Rob, aka Rob-a-Dob; Erik; and Ross). She is forever talking with them on her pink cell phone and asking when they are going to come over.

Just for kicks I had to include these two pictures that we took of Shelby modeling her daddy's Clemson belt. I don't know much about that business, but I think she might have a career in it. We got the biggest kick out of her pose and all.





Today we had lunch with Erin, Jack, and Baby Finn! It was great fun to visit with them and try to begin getting back into our weekly lunch dates. Shelby and Jack had fun eating pizza, talking, and coloring. I think that Shelby finds Jack's new glasses very mature and attractive;)
Now for a little bit on JP....he is growing like a weed. I am sorry that I don't have a picture for you, but he is so cute!!! This weekend he has really started getting into daddy. He actually reached for Pratt from out of my arms!!! What a huge victory for me; maybe this "mommy only" stage is taking a breather. It is so wonderful to see JP's little face light up when he sees Pratt and he takes off crawling towards him. Remember a while back when I posted that picture of JP in the back of Shelby's dump truck??? Well, he has now figured out how to climb up into it. I have to keep that thing hidden in a closet or he would never do anything but climb up in it and sit there all day....hey, maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing, hummmmm. Anyway, Shelby thinks that this is so funny and once he is in she takes off with him all over the house. He just laughs and laughs. For the most part they play so well together. What a blessing to see them engaging each other and laughing together.

No comments: