The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Day of Crafting Fun

For those of you who don't know me, Martha Stewart has more craft sense in her pinky toe nail than I would ever hope to posses in my life so today has been quite a stretch for me as a mom. We started off our "day of crafting fun" with making ornaments with pinecones and lots of glitter. What a mess that turned out to be; and mainly because when I tried to take the cap off of the green glitter I spilt it everywhere!!!! Then Shelby grabs the purple glitter and ever so gently twists off the cap and hands it to me. Not a single piece of glitter came out......go figure!! Anyway, Shelby had a great time painting on the glue and then sprinkling glitter on the pinecones. Pratt also joined in the fun and made one for himself. I just supervised.

Once Shelby got bored with that we went out on the back porch to put ribbon on our Clemson Tree. Shelby supervised as I cut and tied the Orange and Purple ribbon on the tree. I don't have a picture of the tree just yet so I will show that on a later post.


Around 12:00 my dad came out and we loaded up the kids for Hampton Lake. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch there. JP loved just looking around at all the neat memorabilia they have hanging up and we even got to hear a stuffed moose sing a Christmas carol....I know, who would have thought. After lunch, Grandpa took on the task of keeping JP entertained while Shelby and I decorated a ginger bread house. It was great fun....no, I didn't eat all the icing and candy, but I can tell you some one who did enjoy a couple of gum drops....Shelby. Yeah, it is a Christmas miracle that she ate them, but she told me, "Those are my favorite."



Santa came by for a little visit; and as interested as Shelby has been in him, she wanted nothing to do with him. In fact, she didn't even want to be in the same building; so grandpa came to the rescue and took her outside while I took JP to get his first picture with Santa. Isn't he so cute??? He was a little unsure of this big man with a hairy face, but he didn't let his lower lip hang out too long. I think that he is even halfway smiling in this picture.

No comments: