The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Happenings....

This week has been a whirlwind of a week. Well, I think all weeks are like that these days. Can you believe that we are only two weeks away from Christmas!!! Oh man, I had better get moving on somethings.

Monday was a great day. Shelby went to school and JP and I hung out. We had lunch with Meme and went to the grocery store. That is all that I can really remember from that day. I had a great night though, I actually got to get out of the house for a little bit with one of my friends. We went to Starbucks and just got to relax without any kids hanging on us like little monkeys. It was great to chat and catch up with Heather. I hope that we will be able to start seeing each other some more.

Tuesday Shelby headed off to school again and JP and I went to CBS leadership. I truly love this time that I have on Tuesday mornings. Sometimes it seems hardly worth the effort of getting there, but once I get settled in I love it. The ladies and Al (our brave lone man of the leadership team) are always such an encouragement to me.

Now to the big day, Wednesday! This was our last week of CBS before the Christmas break. The children's program had their little singing show. It was so cute! I don't know what is wrong with me, but as soon as those sweet children started marching in the room waving their ribbons I had to start fighting back the tears. It was one of the most precious sights. There were tons of daddies and granddaddies there too. Anyway, this was the big test....would Shelby stand up there with her class and sing the songs that they were learning???? And the answer is.....NO. Most of the time she sat with me and JP. She started to walk up at one point, but then she got a glimpse of her daddy and that was that. Oh well, maybe we will have better luck at her school program. Afterwards we got to have lunch with Grammie at Hampton Lake. What a great week for Shelby, she got to see three of her five grandparents. (PS-while we were at lunch we learned that Uncle Jake was in the throws of finals, so Happy Finals Uncle Jake!!! We can't wait to see you soon!)


Oh so close!!!!

Today is the most beautiful day so once again we packed up and headed to Hampton Lake for a little afternoon play time. Shelby, Jack, Gracen, Neely, and Eliza ran around playing on the slides, in the sand, and the little treehouses while mommies plus baby Finn and baby Pavin hung out and talked about all sorts of things. What a perfect day!!!

I am so excited about tonight that I can hardly wait for the kids nap to be over....wait, did I just say that???? Just kidding, they can nap as long as they like. The longer the better, in fact. But, tonight we are heading up the Charleston to the Festival of Lights. It is going to be so much fun and I can't wait to see Shelby's face when she sees all those lights. They also have a little Christmas village set up with a train, Santa, and a place to get hot chocolate and make smores. I think that it might be too warm for the hot chocolate, but we may have to get some just because.

No comments: