The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Strike Two

Tonight was the Annual May River Montessori Christmas program. We started out the late afternoon/early evening with high hopes that just maybe Shelby would get up on the stage with all of her school friends to sing "Jingle Bells". She talked about it all the way there and I thought that just maybe this would happen. Like true parents we were snapping pictures of our sweet little angel before the show to document this momentous event, and well, that is all we got....before pictures. No during pictures. When it came time to get up there she was a no show. Oh well, maybe next year when she is older and wiser.

Funny thing, as I type this I can hear Shelby over the monitor singing "Jingle Bells" in her bed. The program was quite cute. Some kids had speaking parts and some kids sang solos. During the toddler's rendition of Jingle Bells one little girl just sat there on the stage with the look of shear terror in her eyes and her little lip sticking out so far. It was so funny.

Today was once again another beautiful day in the Lowcountry. I am telling you, if you don't live here, you should!! We spent the lunch hour at the playground with some friends. In fact, I think that this little impromptu playground outing is becoming quite regular. So regular in fact, that Pratt woke up the this morning and said, "So, are you going to the playground today? Don't you guys usually go on Thursdays?" At any rate, we had a great time and look forward to doing it again soon.

JP has really taken a liking to the camera. He has really figured out how to make the cutest, funniest, cheesiest smile that I have ever seen.....eyes squinty, mouth wide open, and head tipped back. I just love it. Below is an example of one of his "I am the cutest baby in the world" smiles. He has just grown up so fast, right before my eyes!!



The big dump truck continues to be a source of never ending entertainment for the kids. Although, now JP is doing more of the pushing while Shelby gets to ride. While I was watching this video I was amazed at how stable JP appears. It may be only a matter of time before we have a little man walking all around the house. Also, Aunt Suzy, listen close to the end. Shelby sends you a little shout out; Hey girl, Hey!!!!




Before I close, I have to give props to Pratt. Every couple of days I have been able to go back to bed after I nurse JP in the morning. He gets Shelby up, feeds both kids, and entertains them while I get a little bit of extra sleep!!! Thanks so much!!! I love you!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Shelby .... like the bow! Looking cute! No need to sing at the Christmas show... just stand and look cute- go girl!