Okay, so it has been a while since my last post. As you can tell from the pictures, this Christmas Holiday has kept us very busy!! We have had a wonderful time hanging out with family and celebrating Jesus' Birthday. Even today Shelby said that she wanted to go to NeNe's house to celebrate (and she really did use that word) Jesus' Birthday. I am so thankful that our savior's birth is what still stands out to her most even after the Christmas season has past.
On Christmas Eve we went to our church for the Christmas Eve service. I always love this service as it evokes so many wonderful childhood memories for myself. After the service was over we picked up the kids from the nursery and immediately Shelby asked for a cookie and to see Rob. Sadly there were no cookies or Rob that night, but she quickly got over it when we told her that there was something special waiting for her and JP at home. To care on a Christmas Eve tradition that I grew up with, Shelby and JP got to open up their Christmas pjs. Shelby was so excited and JP was nearly too tired to care. Christmas morning we were up nice and early. Shelby was a little tentative at first as she didn't know what to make of all the presents under the tree, but as soon as JP made a move for her new tricycle she was out from behind my legs and in the thick of things. It was such fun to watch the excitment build with her. The very first present she unwrapped was a new pad of drawing paper and she got so excited!!! JP also jumped into. He was beside himself with trying to figure out what to play with first. After we had our little family christmas time Aunt Suzy, Uncle Patricio and Meme came over. Shelby got to open more presents and JP took a little nap to recharge. We spent some time with them, opening presents and eating. Shelby took her tricycle for its maiden voyage outside. After JP woke up we went to Papa and Grammie's house. It was like a Christmas dream walking into their house with the living room overflowing with presents. Uncle Jake was there and got a lot of loving from JP. Once again we opened more presents and ate. That night we went to the Ussery's house for the first ever Feliz Navidad party. It was great fun! We had mexican dip, mexican lasagna, those little mexican sodas, and even a pinata. The kids had a great time running around and JP really got excited over this little ride in car. The highlight of the evening was the pinata. After the kids took a few swings at it the daddies took over. Of course my husband's zeal for life found him flying through the air and ripping the pinata out of the tree; at which point he wrestled it to the ground and tore his head off. For a minute I thought Shelby would be scarred for life as she came to me quite distraught saying, "Daddy broke the bunny." over and over.
A few days later we had Christmas with my family. It was great fun, and don't worry Matt, I forgive you for not saving any dressing for me. We had ham, mac-n-cheese, baked beans, green bean casserole, etc. Rob joined us and we just had a wonderful time. Of course this Chrismas party was filled with gifts of Clemson. I am so excited because tonight I am going to wear my new Clemson skirt (khaki skirt with little tiger paws all over it) for the Chik-fil-A Bowl game.
Well, I have tons more stuff that I could bore you with in this post, but I am going to have to run because JP is screaming for me to come get him out of his crib. I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy New Year!!
PS-Great-grandparents, don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you. I just haven't made it to the UPS store to mail your gifts. Hope to do it soon!!!


1 comment:
What great Christmas pictures! I'll be happy to contribute a visual to the Pratt/Pinata story!:)
Post a Comment