The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Monday, December 10, 2007

We Survived!!!!

Well, we made it!!! Last week started out with a lot of uncertainty on my part as to whether I could take on the job of being a single mom for the week. I tell you what, after just 5 days by myself with both kids, I now have an even greater appreciation and respect for military families!!! Think about it, I just had five days of non stop kids, but our military families go months and months as a single parent home. Thanks so much to all of you who are serving our country!!!

Pratt left Sunday afternoon for a CCIM course in Atlanta. I was very sad and nervous. For some reason him being gone all week sounded like such a long time to me. Thankfully we made it through and the week just flew by. Sunday night it was just me and the kids hanging out. Monday we got up and got Shelby to school and there was just no looking back. Before we knew it the end of the week had come and Pratt was on his way home.

Probably the most fun thing about last week was on Thursday. It was my dad's birthday; oh wait, really sweet story....in our family we always call each other on our birthdays and sing happy birthday. In years past it almost seemed as if we were having a contest over who could call the earliest, but thankfully that has changed to just getting several calls throughout the day (no offense family, but 6:30am is a little early). Anyway, I called my dad and told Shelby that when grandpa answered the phone to say Happy Birthday. Well, she did and then she sang "Happy Birthday" to him. It was so cute!!!! So anyway, after the kids nap that day we went down to visit and have a birthday dinner. When dinner was over we packed up the car and took Shelby to see the lights on Dove Street. As soon as she saw all those lights she got so excited. I can't wait to take her to the Festival of Lights this week.


I had to post this picture because Shelby actually has something in her hair. She is definitely an "au naturale" type girl. She never wants anything in her hair!!!! She really doesn't even like it when I brush it. Of course, she does let grandpa brush her hair during their play time in his truck. Anyway, I was out getting the kids Christmas outfits and she picked out this headband and wore it the rest of the day. She hasn't worn it since, but isn't she so cute!!!

The weather has been absolutely beautiful here. Some people are upset, they say it is too hot for it to be December, but I say it is wonderful. The kids do so much better when we can get out of the house and here is a picture of JP and Alex at the playground last week. They were both so fascinated by the bottom of the slide. I am sure that they were trying to formulate a plan on how to climb up it, but they weren't sneaky enough because Sheila and I were on to them.

JP is really growing and developing. He is so fast and he loves to climb on, in, around everything. The other day I was doing dishes and all the sudden Shelby started laughing so I stopped what I was doing to see what was going on and found JP stuck underneath her highchair. Somehow he figured out how to climb over the lower bar and get in there. Everyday I learn more and more that I am going to have to keep a close watch on him.
Well, one final comment....Aunt Lala and Uncle Matt, good luck on those finals this week. We are praying for you!!! We love you and can't wait to see you.



2 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay for the bow in Shelby's hair! haha

The Usserys said...

I love the bow!!!! How adorable:)

(I'm sorry you have to hear me complain about the 80 degree December weather. I'm not used to this:)